Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maybe I'm missing something...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EECS02Alum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Maybe I'm missing something... Reply with quote

Maybe I have my facts wrong, but is it just me or did anyone else notice that no other New Orleans Universities have cut majors or departments? Again, if I'm not mistaken, Tulane does have the largest endowment.... how much would it cost to subsidize the E School for a few years? 2, 3 million? What about the option of running a Co-op with some of the other schools- Engineering classes shared by Tulane, UNO and Dillard? Was that option investigated? Anyway, I just wanted to pose the question.....
wwalkeri

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tulane won't give us a definite number. However, NOT ALL DEPARTMENTS WERE LOSING MONEY FOR TULANE!! MECH E was operating in black.
tulanelink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Co-op vs. Merger Reply with quote

On Dec. 12, 2005, Dean Altiero recommended that Tulane engineering students register at UNO for classes no longer available at Tulane. UNO's Russell Trahan, dean of the College of Engineering, remarked that UNO started offering 41 online courses in engineering in mid-October. Why settle for a cooperative venture when a genuine merger is called for?
For more info. and references, see: http://www.tulanelink.com/tulanelink/decision_05a.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: