Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW YORK TIMES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doreilly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: NEW YORK TIMES Reply with quote

We're getting Louder

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/14/national/nationalspecial/14tulane.html
wckirby

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it!

Notice, though, how each time Tulane's finances are quoted, they get bigger and bigger. Tulane needs to stop fibbing.

I also don't think reporters take too kindly to Dr. Cowen's word-salad B.S. When you speak, say something. Don't just deplete our supply of oxygen.
Mechanical Engineering Class of '06
James A. Lancaster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Cut Out Reply with quote

A faculty friend of mine (non-engineering) gave me a cut-out of the article with the picture that his wife saw today. I'll scan it at work Monday and email it to someone here. If the NYTimes picked it up, that means the world just got a glimpse of this problem. I forgot? Did they list this website? Someone on the server side, what do your traffic numbers look like today?
pleasespammelater

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: View Free Version of NY Times Article Reply with quote

The NY Times has apparently archived the article and so it now costs $3.95 to view it.

Here's a link to a free version:
http://www.tulanelink.com/tulanelink/engineeringb_box.htm

Nelson Robin
Computer Engineering, 1987
gwlaw88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no connection to the engineering school but am nonetheless a very concerned alum. You guys are doing a great job. Just before I saw this thread, I had been at the NYTimes website and emailed Thomas Freidman about elimination of the engineering programs at Tulane as I think it directly relates to issues raised in his recent book. I also put a link to this website in my email. Who knows if he even reads his emails generated from the website, but it might not hurt if you guys started writing letters to editors, and to columnists such as himself, or TV people such as Lou Dobbs on CNN or others who are on soapboxes related to education and job issues in America. Also Jack Cafferty, on CNN, has a daughter that went to Tulane recently - don't know if she has graduated yet - but perhaps due to the Tulane connection, he would give you a plug on CNN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: