Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FUTURE EVENTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Future Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angryengineer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: FUTURE EVENTS Reply with quote

ARE WE DOING ANYTHING AS AN ENTITY AT ALL? COME ON GUYS I KNOW WE ARE ALL BUSY BUT THIS IS IMPORTNAT, WE HAVE TO KEEP PEOPLE THINKING ABOUT THIS. THE BURDEN OF EFFORT AND PROOF IS ON OUR SIDE. DO SOMETHING. DO SOMETHING VISIBLE. DO SOMETHING IN FRONT OF BOGGS TO GET SUPPORT AND THEN SHOVE IT UP GIBSON HALL'S GOD DAMNED NOSE.

NOW.
TUgradstudent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are like one of those Japanese fighters who didn't realize WW2 was over for a while.

This one has been over for a while. Might as well accept it and move on with your life.
ggreen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, see Clay's Why I Fight post.

Second, while there's still a chance for mechanical, we've pretty much lost the fight against the renewal plan, yes. But we can work to make sure something like this doesn't happen again. Ideally, I'd like to force Cowen to sign a sort of Magna Carta, though we don't have the political clout to push it through. We can also work to eventually restore the cut departments. It would be pretty hard to get good faculty in a department that was recently cut, but on the upside, the engineering programs would be in significantly better financial shape under the SoSaE, as they wouldn't have to pay Tulane College for all those math and science classes we take. And I think a lot of alumni would offer support to rebuilding the departments if Tulane announced it wanted to bring them back.

To use your analogy, WWII might be over, but with a lot of work, we can make Japan better than it ever was, with an industrial sector that is the envy of the world and a GDP beaten only by the US and China.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Future Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: