Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BS - BE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKManepalli

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: BS - BE Reply with quote

Any way we can be awarded BEs when we graduate instead of BSs?
TheCzar35

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: BS vs BE Reply with quote

I graduated from EE in 1976, at that time I was awarded a Bachelor of Science in Engineering-Electrical Engineering. Most of us shorten this by saying we had a BSEE or BSME, BSCE, BSChE, etc., but all of us technically have a BSE in what ever field of study. I am OK with this but I understand now you are wanting an "engineering" degree to sound more different from a "science" degree now that the schools are combined. I think the most important thing is not if you call it a BSE or BE or BS, as long as your major discipline of study, like EE, ME, CE, or ChE, etc is identified in it. Remember from the core of these four fields all other "application" oriented engineering disciplines were sprung (e.g. BME).
lob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: graduate degree trivia Reply with quote

If you had continued onto graduate school at Tulane in the pre-Katrina years, you would have had a choice of a Masters in either Science or Engineering. The MS came from the Graduate School, while the ME was awarded by the School of Engineering. The work requirements were almost the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: