Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Renewal Plan - One Year Later

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wckirby

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Renewal Plan - One Year Later Reply with quote

Anyone feel renewed?
Mechanical Engineering Class of '06
TchoupShopper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: question... Reply with quote

How do the engineering and Newcomb College supporters feel about Tulane spending dollars to pay off a football coach's contract and especially in light of an apparently fairly lukewarm effort at hiring a replacement whose presence on the local scene might be sufficient to make the investment pay off decently right away?

The comment was posted on the YOGWF that Cowen had essentially stabbed Scelfo in the back and a large part of me concurs with that assessment.

That's Cowen in a nutshell. He has to make himself look good. No actual convictions. No real sticking to guns over some deeply felt and openly-expressed principles. He had to throw a bone to certain elements but to me it was like a lot of other moves he's made in that it was not really as decisive and bold in terms of substance as it might appear just on the surface.

If he has some vision of things and even if I don't agree with that vision but he's still open about it, he's consistent or at least changes his mind in line with facts as he is aware and articulates why he feels how he does I can still respect that.

I can't respect continually unilaterally deciding important issues in secrecy and then springing the moves on the rest of us, such as with the renewal plan as well as with moves regarding athletics and many other such actions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: