Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reed Kroloff leaving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perturbed

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reed Kroloff leaving Reply with quote

Geez I hadn't even noticed that we have lost yet another Dean. Less than 3 years at Tulane and Reed Kroloff leaves as Dean of the School of Architecture. And I thought he was one of Scott's favorites.

If we don't get rid of that fat lard bucket of a president pretty soon we aren't going to have a university left. Cowen is a total frigging disaster. We are turning into a laughing stock. The high level turnover among his own picks is astounding.

Who still supports this guy? What are they thinking? How many more people can we lose?

I also have to question the hard left turn he is making politically. We get Reno, Carville, Gore, Cornel West every Dem you can think of coming to campus. That's fine in that they raise our profile and have interesting things to say. But we don't need to be seen as leaning one way or the other as an institution. There is no guarantee the federal government is a) going to be run by the Dems and b) these guys will actually do something for Tulane.

As a practical matter I'd rather us seem a little more bi-partisan on who we invite to campus regardless of what anybody feels personally about politics. We don't need to antagonize either side of the aisle and we need all the friends we can find.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: