Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Site still used? People doing anything?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmikowski

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Site still used? People doing anything? Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I was just checking in and seeing if anything new is going on. Is the "movement" dead? I'm sorry I can't be much more assistance, I am overwhelmed with school and now living in Boston. Best wishes.

- Justin Mikowski
perturbed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deader than a door nail. You can't fight city hall. Cowen sells the sizzle not the steak, and a good thing too because I think he eats all the steak judging from the junk in his trunk.

The Newcomb women however fight on. Their law suit is in the state supreme court http://www.newcomblives.com/main/ and scheduled for oral argueents May 20. I wonder how much money the school has squandered and how many donations it has lost on this causes celebre? Way more than this reorganization could ever save if it could save anything at all.

Each year that passes makes it that much more difficult to resurrect the School of Engineering or event to sustain the few departments that exist. I think we will see the Dental School come back to Tulane before engineering.

When the write the final history of Tulane dropping the engineering school will probably rate right up there with leaving the SEC:-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: