Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grand Total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Pledge Your Support ($$$)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wclarkson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Grand Total Reply with quote

Here is what I have calculated as the grand total. Keep in mind that there have been donations which are not represented on the forums. December 16th, 3:43pm EST.

Grand Total: $1,173,443

The way this was calculated is as follows:
1) One time pledges. Total: $600
2) This Year Only. This years' pledges were added up as presented in e-mails or on the forums. If someone pledged $x,xxx per year for life, then this amount was added to this years total as well as future total as well. Total: $31,010
3) Lifetime Donations. For this, I assumed an average lifetime of 20 years. I added up all of the yearly pledges and multiplied by 20. Total: $661,000
4) Yearly Salary Percentages. I assumed an average salary of $50,000. I totaled the percentage of the salaries pledged for one year and multiplied by 50,000. I only added up percentages for one year. So over a lifetime, it is much, much more. I only did it for a year because otherwise I'd have to factor in inflation, which was too much work for this quick total. Total: $475,000
5) Special Donations. I assumed an average income of 70,000. Total: $5833

If you have any other questions about how this was added up/broken down. Give me an e-mail.[/list][/list]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Pledge Your Support ($$$) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: