Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In Case You Missed It

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Voice YOUR Opinon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GulfWave

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: In Case You Missed It Reply with quote

These articles appeared back to back in the Dec 12 issue of ENR.

http://enr.ecnext.com/free-scripts/comsite2.pl?page=enr_document&article=feedar051212b

http://www.enr.com/features/education/default.asp

Cowen knew when he was interviewed he was about to gut the Engineering School.
wclarkson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. We were completely unaware of this article. We will have someone e-mail them and get the scoop. That is incredible. Absolutely incredible. We are needed in New Orleans. Now they tell us they don't want us. This is not the right decision. Its amazing what politics and money will do to a situation.
aRadler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is disturbing, even untill the last minute president cowen wouldn't say anything about the school of engineering possibly closing. I have lost much respect for this man, I thought he was makeing our school better for our degrees, but in his future plans, we are not there! Evil or Very Mad
TchernaviaJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way the author of this article knew about the changes was because one of my freinds a Civil '05, was writing letters to every engineering publication, news outlet, etc.. That article was thisclose to going to press without the disclaimer at the beginning
GulfWave

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: TchernaviaJ, were refering to the Dec 12, Dev 19 issue? Reply with quote

The following week's issue had the short piece in the editorial section about the gutting of the Department.
Your friend from '05 was succinct and to the point if we are talking about the same article. Some ink supporting the effort to save Engineering in ENR could bring our plight to the attention of the right people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Voice YOUR Opinon All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: