Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alumni office not on our side

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Voice YOUR Opinon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dschof

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Alumni office not on our side Reply with quote

The Kool Aid must taste pretty good. I have a friend (currently re-evaluating that friendship) working in the Alumni office. She actually tried to convince me not to suspend contributions to Tulane over this decision. She had the nerve to state that Cowen had no choice. Engineering students on campus, fight hard to overcome the perception that this was necessary! I hope her attitude doesn't represent the majority of people around campus. I gave her quite an earful, but I don't know if anything got through. Very disappointing.
mollyzogirl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: becoming common Reply with quote

unfortunately I have found that to be a pretty prevalant attitude around campus this week. Cowens speech at convocation seems to have convinced a lot of parents and students who dont have ties to engineering, that we dont need it. Most freshman parents attitude over finding out that a student was in engineering and would have to transfer was, "Oh, thats too bad."

All I have to say is, we still aren't going down without a fight.
wwalkeri

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup Brainwashing at its finest
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Voice YOUR Opinon All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: