Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We Must Act Fast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwalkeri

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: We Must Act Fast Reply with quote

I was recently informed by an EE sophomore that an advisor told him to get out of Tulane as soon as possible. He said the reason for this is because the faculty are not staying around until the programs are closed. He told me that the faculty are trying to get out as fast as they can. This is not good for those trying to fight it. Simply talking to Cowen and the admin is not going to produce results in an acceptable amount of time. Something needs to be done. Any suggestions?

William Walker
Mech E. 07
nsenger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Has anyone gotten ahold of our more "public" alumn Reply with quote

We have several alumni who are in positions to make a very public and national stink. I'm thinking of Newt Gingrich and Jerry Springer, specifically...has anyone contacted them? No, neither were Engineering, but they are both public figures who may potentially jump at the possiblilty to take a noble cause and get some national face time. Just a thought.
TheCzar35

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Letter to Newt Reply with quote

I posted the letter below on Newt Gingrich's web site, www.newt.org.

Mr. Gingrich,
I know you were not an engineering grad from Tulane, but we engineering alumni need your help. Scott Cowen is shutting down a significant portion of the engineering departments, mainly Electrical, Computer, Civil and Mechanical Engineering along with associated programs. Please visit the www.savetulaneengineering.org web site and read some of the Blogs on the Forum. I feel that Cowen had an agenda and used Katrina for this move. Now is not the time to cut engineering and technology programs when Tulane can use them to help rebuild New Orleans. The NOLA area has become a giant engineering problem and it must be solved by the best. Tulane has historically contributed to New Orleans and the country in the area of engineering, from A. Baldwin Wood, who developed the screw pump design still used in New Orleans and around the world to David Filo, co-founder of Yahoo. Scott Cowen says these move are to make Tulane world class, well after these cut it will do the opposite. Please help us as an Alumnus to keep Tulane truly a world class leader in all areas including engineering.

Thanks for your time,
aka TheCzar35
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: