Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mass Exodus from Tulane

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Voice YOUR Opinon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wckirby

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Mass Exodus from Tulane Reply with quote

I've been on campus recently and have heard a lot of rumors of multiple mass transfers out of Tulane. A lot of people have no confidence in Cowen and they're voting with their feet. LAS professors are getting out. Today, a big chunk of Tulane's football team turned in their papers to transfer today. The second best player on Tulane's basketball team* has put in for a transfer.

Cowen, people are voting with their feet that you are running Tulane into the ground. Eventually, there will be enough votes to force you out. The only question is will you get your head out of your ass soon enough to realize you're running the school into the ground.

Oh yeah, and for the record, under your administration, all the schools at Tulane have fallen. The Med School, Law School, B-School, and Tulane Universities rankings have all fallen during your administration. That's a fact.

*I originally printed his name, but I didn't want him to get singled out. He may be an important player on the team and his transfer is symbolic, but I don't want anyone blaming him for anything.
Mechanical Engineering Class of '06
Dr. Ash

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, does anyone in any department believe they're safe?

Maybe the B-school, and maybe the Law school (who, I believe, may legally separate from under the Tulane umbrella at any point in time), but nobody else.

If he can hack the med school to bits, you think that being tenured in a liberal arts department is safe? Dream on, bubba.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Voice YOUR Opinon All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: