Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

town hall meeting on the 17th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Voice YOUR Opinon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mollyzogirl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: town hall meeting on the 17th Reply with quote

I really want to see the town hall meeting on the 17th, but I have a 9:30 chem 2 lecture. I'm sure i'll be able to download the slides, its just that I feel like it isn't the best way to start the semester.

Does anyone else think they might've scheduled this at that time so that a decent amt. of engineering students wouldn't come?
Kays

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The meeting is important enough to me to miss any classes that may coincide with it. I do think it's an odd time to have a meeting though, and I wouldn't be surprised if Cowen wasn't even planning to be there.

I'm sure our chem professor won't mind if we duck out early.
ih8scottcowen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're an absolute buffoon if you plan on missing this meeting. I have used absolutely NOTHING I learned in Chemistry after college. Nothing. You're talking about skipping a meeting that could potentially save your major. Or go to a chem class that you could download slides for. And you'll probably sleep through it while they tell you how they screwed you out of your major. Seems like a no brainer to me.

If you have Koplitz, buy him a pitcher of Bud at the Boot and he'll walk you through the lecture on the spot. Seriously.
mollyzogirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: no worries Reply with quote

I'm not crazy. I'm definitely going to be at the meeting. I just think they knew what they were doing when they scheduled it at that time.

And by the way, I'm BME, so I kind of do need chemistry, at least for Organic & Biochemistries, and other BME classes I have to take. But I can definitely miss it for this.
MaryC2007

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Time frame for town hall meeting Reply with quote

I was in a meeting today where Cowen spoke and someone asked him about the timing of the engineering town hall meeting. He was completely oblivious to the fact that the meeting would conflict with classes. Dean Cherry (I think that was her) stood up and said that 10 am was the earliest time that would fit into Cowen's schedule. He said he wouldn't mind moving it to later in the day if we could move it to a later date. I'm not sure which I would rather given the choice but if you have an oppinion, tell somebody in the office or the engineersing offices.
~MC
Kays

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received an email saying that the meeting had been moved to Monday January 23rd. Can anyone confirm this?
wwalkeri

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. I hope thats a pile of B.S. The sooner we have it the better.
mollyzogirl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: the 23rd is too far Reply with quote

I definitely think we should just keep it Tuesday. If it would have to be moved to a later date (especially as far as the 23rd), then it isn't worth it. We need to know whats going on NOW.

BTW we havent gotten any emails saying it has been moved, so I would assume it is still on the 17th.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Voice YOUR Opinon All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: