Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you think about Cowen's 'Live Chat'?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwalkeri

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have the exact number for Loyola's damages but I am pretty sure that Loyola was in double digits and Tulane was triple digits. What really angers me is how UNO can only claim 108 million and be in a more damaged area than Tulane. I know we have various satellite campuses and research animals etc, but lets be realistic is that enough to make up for a 92 million dollar difference? I don't know. Also, I am pretty sure that the 108 mil was what UNO claimed before any govt. assistance.

Sorry if this is going off topic but it just goes along with all the rest of Tulane's shady finances. If and when their records are made public we should try to have an attorney review them. I believe that if it was a true 200 mil dollar loss Tulane would have no problems opening the books and showing us right now. Hell they give us numbers for every other aspect of their damn finances. I just hope for the sake of everyone involved that money was not used for needless renovations and building contracts and then written off as damages at our expense.

Again sorry for going off topic
-Will
ih8scottcowen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming from the gigantic healthcare system in new orleans/louisiana, the numbers may be justified. Not having a hospital or clinic open for a substantial amount of time wrecks what's called your "cash flow." Nobody coming to the hospital or clinic, means no money coming in. And when payroll time comes, it's a gigantic loss each time you write a check.

My advice: focus on Engineering and try to raise the money to bring it back, ala the football fiasco a few years ago. According to Scott, David Filo is still on board for his $30 mil. How much do you need to run a scaled back Engineering School? Dr H? Anyone?

And to whoever suggested Cowen was getting loaded questions, the CS majors on this board should be able to figure that one out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: