Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COWEN LIES TO EVERYONE HE TALKS TOO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwalkeri

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: COWEN LIES TO EVERYONE HE TALKS TOO Reply with quote

I was recently in Boggs speaking to engineering faculty. I will not give any names as to who I was speaking to for obvious reasons, but I will give the most shocking information I have received yet. First, At the town hall meeting when we confronted Cowen with the fact that Mechanical Engineering. was operating in the black not the red Cowen insisted that he could not verify that the information was true. He only admitted after we told him we received the information from a credible Tulane engineering member. I was shocked when several faculty told me that Cowen was made aware of Mech Engineerings positive "OPERATING BUDGET" a few weeks ago. The fact that he chose to lie to us and tell us that he could not verify that is outrageous and unacceptable.

Next, I was also told by a source in the engineering school that when the questions of viability and stability of Tulane's CHEM E and BME majors were questioned in a private meeting with Cowen; Cowen supposedly said that he would not be surprised if those two programs went under as well.

I know how much it sucks to be lied too, but unfortunately it appears it has been happening to us for quite a while now. It appears that Cowen changes his story for whatever crowd he speaks to. YES MR COWEN GREAT LEADERS DO FACE OPPOSITION, BUT GREAT LEADERS DO NOT MISGUIDE THE ONES THEY LEAD.

William Walker
Class of 2007
perturbed1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to tell if he is lying or not is to look closely and see if his lips are moving. It is the difinitive symptom
ggreen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not the only lie. Consider this: the renewal website says the engineering programs were chosen because they are the least world class (which is a lie in itself). Today, he said it was because it gave the best budget numbers. Which is it?

Also, he alternates between saying it's "only from Katrina" (i.e., mainly if not solely financial) and that it's "both strategic and financial" (i.e., they wanted to do it anyway).
dhendric

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: Beware Agendas Reply with quote

I feel as though Tulane and the city is setting itself up for collapse with the current actions of the people on board the rebuilding New Orleans commision. Since Scott Cowen has been appointed a position on this rebuilding commission I feel as though it is our duty more than ever to let the public know of his lies and his inability to serve the greater community of New Orleans. The fate of the very city of New Orleans may depend on it.
Lee Hoffman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me like not everything is as irreversible as Dr. Cowen says. At least one minor chink in the armor appears to be showing. The question I have is how did this come to pass?

See http://www.nola.com/search/index.ssf?/base/sports-21/1137567417272460.xml?nola
mollyzogirl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: confused Reply with quote

Okay so I'm not sure if I got the right gist out of that article. Are the womens swimming and men's golf teams allowed to permanently stay?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: