Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AP Article on CNN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wckirby

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: AP Article on CNN Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/01/17/katrina.colleges.ap/index.html

"Tulane senior Clay Kirby, a mechanical engineering major, will be able to graduate but was set to protest cuts in his university's engineering program. "I love Tulane, and this decision is going to hurt Tulane," said Kirby, whose family has sent four generations of students to the school."
Mechanical Engineering Class of '06
wckirby

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made CNN! Yipeee!

As for Cowen insinuating that some people on this website are media-whores, that's the first time I've ever been in the media and (after we chase you back to New Jersey) hopefully the last. I hate not being able to truly rip into how shady the behind the scenes politics of your decision is. I'd love nothing more than to air the Administration's dirty laundry on national news for the whole world to see. And trust me, there's a lot of dirty laundry if you know where to look for it.
Mechanical Engineering Class of '06
Dr. Ash

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give 'em hell, Clay!

Send him back to whatever exit he came from!
perturbed1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"As for Cowen insinuating that some people on this website are media-whores"

Cowen calling somebody a media whore/ If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.

Scott is a megalomaniac - very large ego and likely a fragile one. He can easily handle anger, people mad at him because great men, great leaders have enemies. You want to get under this guys skin and drive him back to New Jersey then laugh at him. Make him a laughing stock. Every time he speaks in public take picture, unflattering ones and publish them. Heck photoshop them if you have to. Follow him around with a camera. If he walks Gibson get a picture of the dog taking a crap -preferably somewhere on Tulane's campus. If he scratches his nose be there. If he eats be there. If he drools get a picture. Tape record him. Do research on him. How many of you know how which corporate boards he sits on and how much he makes from those connections? What do those companies do? Are any of them shady, politically incorrect, or too politically correct? Do any of them have financial interests in NOLA or the NOLA reconstruction? Attack, attack, attack 24/7 because the only way you will get what you want is to destroy this man. But do it with humor. Do it condescendingly. Do it with good nature.

Cowen loves attention and he loves adulation and he cannot bear to be laughed at or condescended to. The goal at every meeting, every public event should be not to get mad but to make him get mad. Put a whoppee cushion on his chair. I believe he actually is feeling pressure these days. The engineering alumni cannot be happy. The faculty cannot be happy, and even the staff around him cannot possibly feel secure. Only the board can fire him but boards do not like public spectacles and they especially do not like to have to field questions from the press about the performance of the guy they hired.
Lee Hoffman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's being picked up everywhere, including my home town of Allentown, Pennsylvania.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-a1_5katrinajan18,0,2191509.story?coll=all-news-hed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: