Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strategic plan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wckirby

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Strategic plan Reply with quote

When Cowen first came to Tulane (1998), he came up with a strategic plan for the future of Tulane.

http://www.tulane.edu/%7Estrplan/

There are some very interesting things. Like how the brand name (Tulane AND Newcomb) are a strength. And how losing Carnegie "Research Institution" status would be incredibly detrimental to the University.

Something interesting to thumb through.
Mechanical Engineering Class of '06
bethmcardle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, Cowen's "strategy" is pretty transparent to people who have nothing to do with Tulane at all. I was at a meeting today with some public southeastern university administrator types - one of whom had been at some conference in south carolina recently. He was just yacking away about how he met a dean who used to work with cowen, and told all us that he got the impression that Cowen has wanted to do this all along, and unfortunately is using the cover of Katrina to get away with it.

Now that is nothing new to us all, I was just stunned to hear it out of the blue like that because the guy saying all this didn't realize I went to Tulane. I don't even remember how he got on the subject of it.

Of course, I can't name names and this is hearsay anyway. But it gives me hope; f Cowen is that transparent to academics elsewhere with no ties to this area, MAYBE we can make the board see who is really behind the curtain.
perturbed1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is going to wake the board up, and in a big hurry, is alumni donations drying up in the wake of this BuRP. That is what will give skeptical but timid board members the courage to speak up.

Pulling the rug on Newcomb in the wake of Katrina was the most monumentally stupid thing I have ever seen a college administrator do (and I live within 10 miles of American U so I have seen some pretty stupid things done by college presidents).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: