Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Logo Needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Comments on news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mollyzogirl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: bumper sticker Reply with quote

I definitely agree about the bumper sticker. it sounds really great. My dads house was a block in from the beach in Long Beach, MS, and was totally destroyed also. People from the Mississippi coast will understand as much as people in New Orleans what losing Tulane Engineers means to them.

I also wanted to let you guys know, I have a button maker, it makes 2.5" buttons I think, and I can put anything I want on them (technically, that isnt copyrighted). I cant make TONS of them, but I can start working on them now and hopefully have quite a few done by the time we all get to school. It doesnt cost me much to make them, but we can sell them for a dollar or so each as part of a fundraiser for the cause if you guys want to. Let me know when you decide on a final logo and send me a copy of it, and I'll get to work. I will be in New Orleans on January 9th, and can start getting together with anyone in town then.

Molly
aRadler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the button Idea, I would like 5 of them. Just as a personal prefference, could you put the stamp logo on a couple for me. I guess since I designed it I am partial.

thx!
jmikowski

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molly,

Thank you very much for your support! I love the idea of having poster, signs, T-shirts, bumper stickers, etc all over New Orleans and Tulane. While we have not decided on a logo yet, the life ring design would make an awesome button. I have attached it and informed the creater of its use. Please let me know ASAP about how many buttons you feel you would be able to make. Also, assuming you are donating your time and that is all, please keep track (receits are best) of the cost of making them and we will find someway to reimburse you of most if not all the cost. We would like to use the Tshirts and buttons to generate funds for the cause. Please let me know if you find this ok. Thank you again for your support.

- Justin Mikowski
jmikowski

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added some bumper sticker ideas to the photo of the posters at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62442110@N00/

Please let me know which one everyone likes best, or feel free to make your own and email a image of it to ideas@savetulaneengineering.org . If you do design your own, please include:

Save New Orleans and the Gulf Coast
www.SaveTulaneEngineering.org

We will try to decide on a few of them to be the offical bumper stickers, so that people will have options. Thanks.
mollyzogirl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: buttons Reply with quote

I have approximately enough supplies to make about 75-80 buttons right now. I can print the logo off of my home computer on regular paper to make them. Refills of the button hardware come in packs of 100 usually, and they run $5-$10 for 100 buttons. I can start work on what I have immediately, but I am not sure when I will be able to get a new order in, I usually get them on Ebay but I might be able to find them at a craft store. I recommend requesting donations for buttons, or charging a minimum of $1 for two buttons (meaning for every 100 buttons I can make, we can get $50 for the fund.). Let me know what you guys decide to do, but I will definitely be bringing the button maker and everything I've made so far to New Orleans when I get there on Jan. 9th. I can ship some of the buttons out before then if you want.

~Molly

(I knew this thing would come in handy some day Very Happy )
Amelia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be a stickler, but on the 2-Lane poster, environmental is spelled wrong. Smile
ET097

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amelia wrote:
Sorry to be a stickler, but on the 2-Lane poster, environmental is spelled wrong. Smile

hahah. thanks for pointing that out. I probably never would have noticed, but having things spelled correctly generally is a good idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Comments on news All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: